Fundraise for the cause
To make fundraising for us even easier, we've partnered with everydayhero to provide you with your very own online fundraising page. This will be set-up automatically for you as part of the registration process.
In just minutes you can customise your page with your own story and photos, then start sharing the link with your friends, family and colleagues asking them to sponsor you. Every donation is recorded on your page along with a message of support from your donors.
Fundraising is key to the success of the Scooter Safari. If 250 riders/teams can raise $500 or more, we are well on our way to exceeding our $211k target to #makeitamillion
Not only will you be doing a good thing, there is also some fantastic prizes for those who raise the most money. Find out more on the prizes page.
- Make it personal – tell your story. It’s well proven that personalising your fundraising pages and emails will increase your fundraising. So change the words, and think about what things would connect best with those you will be appealing to. Share your story - why are you participating in the Scooter Safari? How has Cancer affected you? Add photos and videos to your page, and take the time to send personalised emails to family and friends to ask for donations.
- Be the first! By donating to your own everydayhero fundraising page, you’re showing your commitment to your fundraising and setting the benchmark for the family and friends who come to your page to make a donation.
- Make it easy for your donors – give them a suggested donation amount when you ask them to sponsor you ($20 works well).
- Thank people directly and via social media for their generous donations - this will subtly remind others to place their pledge too.
- Include your fundraising page link in your email signature. While social media might be easy - email raises more! People are more likely to give to you when you ask them via a personal email. Don’t be afraid to do both!
- Post to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram regularly to let everyone know what you are doing!
- Update your fundraising page. Keep your family, friends and colleagues updated with your preparations and fundraising progress.
- If you hit your target, or you’re close to reaching it... increase it! If your followers think you’re close to your target, they might not donate as much as they originally intended.
- Consider booking a spot at your local Market or Fair and set up a stand with your scooter. Tell people what you're doing and why - they'll be sure to sponsor you for your efforts!
- Contact your local newspaper or radio station. Tell them what you're doing and your reason for supporting the Cancer Society. Remember to ask them to include the URL to your fundraising page so people can sponsor you.
- Pop a collection bucket on the counter at your workplace - and take it with you everywhere you go. We've even made you a sticker to download to print out for the front.
- Organise a scooter ride and lunch for a group of friends and charge them a fee to come along.
- Use the distance method. Ask your friends to sponsor you $0.50 (or any nominated amount) per kilometre that your scooter makes it.
Check out these tips via Everydayhero to help you maximise your fundraising efforts.
Cash and Cheque Donations?
Check out the FAQ's page for frequently asked questions about fundraising, and what to do with cash and cheque donations.
The money you raise goes towards vital scientific research into the causes and treatment of all types of cancer, as well as providing health promotion and education programmes to reduce cancer risk, awareness campaigns and support and information services for people affected by cancer.